Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hot summer day

Hunter and I got back from Chicago yesterday. What an awesome vacation!  A post about all that will be coming soon.

I always love coming home after vacations. I actually enjoy laundry. Going to the grocery store. And it always gets me in an organizing mood.

As I've been going through the office closet for the hundredth time I found some fun reads. 

Two old journals from college:



And a financial planner pamphlet from church:



The two journals meant a lot to me during college. 

In the turquoise one I recorded lots of daily Deep stuff and scripture notes and spiritual experiences. 
Here's a great quote I recorded from James E Faust in the October 2005 Gen. conference:

"We cannot be different and just live without opening our mouths, doing extra inspired act, testifying of Christ. We cannot be a waste to here on earth. There's so much to do and time is running out!  Smile, serve, study."

And Jeffery R Holland:

"Be proud you are a woman. If you could catch the vision of the woman God intends for you to be you would rise up and never be the same again. Be a woman of Christ."

Wow. And countless other quotations and feelings etc. As I have been reading some just now too special to share, tears filled my eyes. Journals are important.



The cute white one with the Big apple on it became a journal of lists.

-Bands and musicians I like
-Life goals/bucket list
-Concerts I've been to
-Names I like for children
-Places I've traveled
-Temples I've visited
-Famous people I saw and met in the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City 2004 (Yes, Jenny.)
-Rooms I want in my dream house
-Peoples names mentioned in Beatles songs
-Concerts I want to see
-Things that make me happy (This list is 10 pages long)
-Details I want at my future wedding

I love this. I'm totally inspired to journal more and better. Blogging is a great way to record, but I really need to be writing on a daily basis. I am so sad I don't have any detailed writings from our first years of marriage, or my years of teaching.


As for the financial planning pamphlet, I am also very motivated to do what it says. Things like make a budget, live within your means, be healthy, plant a garden and get out of debt. These are things I want to do!  


Anyways. These are just some thoughts I've had today as I've been doing some digging through old stuff in the closet.









No comments:

Post a Comment