Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sweet is the Work

This was probably my 11th year at Girls Camp.  Definitely one of my favorites thus far!  I went as a cabin mom over 1st years/ Stake certification lady.  Honestly, I love my ward.  Palo Verde ward is the non-drama, non-whining, extra-cool, extra-friendly, completely-fun ward!!!  Girls and leaders alike are very kind, helpful and spiritual.  
The theme was "Sweet is the Work" so we got to work the candy theme big time!  Decorations, treats, devotionals, attire etc. One of my favorite parts was talking and learning from the leaders.  I can't believe I AM one, I still feel like I look up to them so much.  



One of the jokes of the week was that I lead a hike.  My girl, ShaLyne helped me on this and I was forever grateful!  (Last year I helped HER lead a hike.  So we kinda knew the drill.)  


Former student and now friend, Sienna.  Love the girl's camp garb.  


First years rocking the hike break.  The woods were spectacular!!!  It didn't even feel like we were in AZ.  We hiked near a brook with berries growing all around! 


Lastly, the testimony meeting at the end of the week was my favorite all around moment.  It was very special to see girls who have grown so much in the last year.  What a blessing it is to watch them grow, especially spiritually.  I am so happy to be a believer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment