Thursday, May 16, 2013

Children

Mother's Day was last Sunday and I've been thinking all week about myself.  

(That makes me laugh when I say it like that.)

It's curious to me why I am not sad, or bitter or angry that my children are not here yet. 

People ask us all the time about kids, and once they find out that we're "trying" and "have been for a while" they want to give condolences. 
 And I super appreciate that.  And how loving everyone is. 

 But in my mind I literally think "oh, why are you sad for us? We're okay.  Our children are just not here yet."

Of course some days I whine because I am impatient and want them NOW. 

And I continually study and pray as to WHY I have to wait.

And I get butterflies when I think of when babies will actually be MINE. 


And I am so so so so so GRATEFUL that the Lord blesses me so much, especially with comfort, peace and assurance that they're coming.   My heart and body are calm and ready and know that when it's time it will all make sense.  And that this is such a FUN time right now.  While Hunter and I can continue to prepare in EVERY way to be parents. While we can serve in different capacities than we will be able to once they're here.   That I can nurture and be nurtured in so many different ways with the freedom that I have as I wait for them.   

I am a mother, my children are just not here yet. 



1 comment:

  1. As the time approaches for Afton and I to start having kids, I've been thinking a lot about how important it is to prepare- along with the fact that you will never be fully prepared.
    I think you two have such a good foundation forming for your family so I'm excited to watch your family grow when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete