Thursday, May 16, 2013

I miss my kitchen

Today I am free.  
I am free from rehearsals with unwilling children.
I am free from after school commitments and meetings.
I am free from preparing for next week.
Because next week, school's out!  

Last night was my last choir concert of the year.  It was absolutely remarkable and I am very proud of my students (and myself) for making it really happen.  These last concerts (at each of my schools) made the end of this year totally worth it.   Despite their excessive talking, their lack of responsibility and their laziness at times, these 12, 13 and 14 year olds are TALENTED.  And they proved their worth in two fabulous concerts.   Great job. 

And now that is all DONE.
And I am free.


And today I got to cook in my kitchen again. 

And I amazed at how I literally miss my kitchen.  And cooking.  

I missed throwing tilapia, olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning in foil for the grill. 



I missed my measuring cups when I leveled out the brown rice.


I missed my spices.  Hello spices.  


And I missed my wooden spoons.  Wooden spoons are the best.  I might write about them later. 


Anyways, now that life will even out again and Summer time is just around the corner... I hope to see a lot more of my lovely kitchen.  And a lot less of junior high kids.  (Still love them, though!)


No comments:

Post a Comment