Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Youth Conference

Over this past weekend our Stake had a wonderful Youth Conference for all the kids ages 14 to 18.  Being in the Stake YW now, I was able to be a big part of the planning and carrying out.  Because we held the conference locally, we had a nice big budget.  The decision was to cater all the food from local restaurants.  I volunteered to be the "food person" and order all the food, gather all the supplies, make the assignments etc. for all the meals.  It was actually pretty simple.  

During youth conference itself though, it was a lot more work!  Once we finished lunch, for example, we cleaned up, and started getting ready for dinner!  There was so much help and it all went really well because of that.  Hunter spent all day Saturday with me being the boss.  He helped SOOOOO MUCH like he always does.  

It was difficult being limited so much by my pregnant body.   I came home each night totally spent and seriously got to the couch and then barely made it to the bed a little later.  I think baby was all "What in the world did we do today?!"  He was tired too.  I just know it.  

In the midst of all the work, I didn't even get ONE photo.  NOT ONE.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.  I've realized that I am being very lazy about taking pictures lately.  I HAVE to fix that!  

It is just a joy to serve and to serve in the church.  I love the youth.  It was especially cool because so many of these awesome kids were my students a few years back at the junior highs.  And it's cool how many of them you get to know pretty well even just after a few days.  I ache for them to be strong in their busy, worldly lives.  I hope they are figuring out their testimonies and their roles in life.  

I am blessed to be with them so much!  

What a great Youth Conference.  


No comments:

Post a Comment