Monday, August 3, 2015

8 Little Luxuries for a New Mom

Here's a great list to get for yourself (or a friend) if you are expecting a baby!





8 Little Luxuries that I'm Glad I had for Me:

1. New Robe
I've never been a robe gal.  But when you're nursing all day and don't want to be topless 24/7, get a robe. 

2. New Pajamas
Because new clothes are always fun and pajamas are my favorite thing to wear after giving birth. 

3. Fancy soaps and lotions
Showers are my favorite now.  After Henry goes to bed for the night, I hit the shower right away.  It's very relaxing after a long, hot, sweaty baby day. Having a fancy soap (especially one that smells so good) and some lotions or body butters have become such a daily luxury.  My favorites right now: Here and Here

Because if you are breastfeeding you are so aware of your boobs now.  And if they feel good, that is a luxury. 

7. Lots of Snacks
A good friend in my ward brought me some 100 calorie snack packs and a bag of Simple Bites (Costco, go buy them now).  She said she remembered breast feeding and always being hungry.  I almost cried when she gave the snacks to me.  I was always hungry- yes! BUT I didn't have an appetite.  Difficult situation.  It was so great to have snacks ready to go so I could just eat and not have to think about preparing anything. 

8. A Cute Box of Tissues 
For those emotional evenings or simply to catch some spit up.  I've been surprised at how many tissues I've been using lately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment