Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Oceanside 2015



Road trip selfie!  Here we go!


Here's my journal entry last Monday at the beach house...

We got here on Friday! It's been wonderful. I've been waiting for this trip for a whole year and especially since I knew I was going to have Henry. Henry did amazing on the drive up. He slept for two- 3 hour stretches. We stopped only to eat and go to the bathroom and to feed him twice. We got here in eight hours! And even hit a little traffic at the end when we got to San Diego. Henry continued to be a champ throughout the weekend. He will be all week I'm sure! Friday night he did scream some time before he went to sleep. It made me a little nervous. He is also sleeping in our room which is very abnormal. So I was a little concerned that he would not sleep through the night and I didn't sleep very well Friday night. But Henry totally slept all through the night just as usual! So Saturday night I slept so much better. Saturday was our first day on the beach. Henry had a great morning and ate and by the time we got out to the sand he fell asleep within 15 minutes. He slept nicely in his travel crib. He woke up and ate and slept a couple more times and then he was just worn out and I had gotten in the water and I don't think he liked trying to eat on the salty boob. (Later I found out that he didn’t like pressing against my cold wet swimsuit.  So we put a warm towel between him and me and he ate fine on the beach.) So we came back in and he ate and took a great nap here. He slept all through church. His nights have been awesome! Hunter and I are so impressed and so in love with her little boy who is super flexible and wonderful. Everyone loves taking turns holding him and is was always saying how cute he is.
I love how this trip is still relaxing and I'm not feeling so tense just because Henry is here. I was thinking and prepared for maybe being a little stressed because of his presence but it's been fine.

Hunter is amazing as usual. Talking to him as one of my favorite things to do.  Last night (Sunday) we went and sat on the beach with Henry and it was so great. Hunter held Henry in the Ergo baby and Henry slept through our sunset talk. 
Hunter let me sleep in this morning while he made breakfast for everyone. And now he's folding laundry! Every time I visit with other women I'm always grateful for Hunter! He really is so selfless and loving.

And finishing up the week with this journal entry...

Henry having his feet in the sand and the waves coming up. And then his huge smile.  Oh my word.  We have a video of this one.  Wednesday was a little overcast so we took Henry out of the shade and let him put his feet in the sand.  And then in the inch of water that comes up with each wave.  he didn’t cry like the first time we tried this last Friday.  He just kind of took it all in…. and then out of no where- started laughing and smiling so big!  He loved it!  Henry loves feeling that cool ocean breeze.  Sometimes he’d fuss and we took his hat off and then he’d be so happy and fall asleep with his eyes all cool from the breeze.  But this! When his feet were in the water and he just giggled! Made my trip.  Hunter and I are so happy we have a beach loving baby.
Henry rolling over in his pack and play at the beach house. Henry slept in the pack in play.  I think he hated it.  So he started rolling around.  For the first time we woke up and he was on his belly in the bed! Big boy. 
Henry talking to Hunter in bed.  Oh my goodness.  Henry has started babbling and talking more than ever.  One of my favorite moments at the beach house was when Henry would sit on the bed in the late afternoon and just talk to Hunter.  They’d sit there for a good 20 minutes laughing and singing together.  Hunter loves it too.  Henry talks more to Hunter than anyone. 
On the way home, we went to the outlet mall in Carlsbad.  Henry got fussy in the stroller.  Hunter held him a little bit and he fell asleep so he went back in the stroller.  He slept for 4 hours! Then we ate, got gas and fed Henry in Yuma. Henry slept another 3 hours.  30 minutes from home- he had had it! He was crying! It was pouring rain outside.  We were going through Maricopa.  Hunter and I had been having the best conversation about parenting, the Gospel, Christmas and life.  We even listened to Christmas music! At a short red light I jumped in the back seat to play and talk with Henry.  That was great.  He calmed down.  We laughed and he played and batted at his toys. 









Henry hanging with Daddy on the beach.


(one of my favorite pictures of the two of us.)


This is where he was smiling so big from the waves!





This is my favorite face.

Hanging with Mommy all over the place.


His sleeping quarters... in the closet. 



Found these two like this.  The best.




I heart ErgoBaby. 


Is this just too much or what?


Sleeping all over the place!



Those are his DADDY'S cheeks. 




Family snaps!




On our Sunday evening stroll.







Could you die?








The many beach outfits of Henry Hunter Garner. 
(And a couch photo shoot with Daddy. Henry posed himself.)



And an evening out with the grown-ups.
 (And one of the best lobster dinners I've ever had.)











1 comment:

  1. The one of you and him on the beach in your sun hat is definitely one for the wall. Sounds like he is the perfect baby for a trip! :)

    ReplyDelete