Friday, January 6, 2012

National Bean Day

So, I'm a good eater- not too picky I'd say.  I'm really good at liking different foods.  I like almost every kind of cheese- even the stinky kind.  I really really like seafood- even the odd stuff.   I'm good with Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, French, German, Thai.....Steakhouses, Sushi, really mostly anything! 
It's weird, though that I"m not a fan of more common foods such as potatoes, most vegetables, and beans- up until now. 
I"m obsessed with beans. 
And all my friends and family reading this who have been hearing me praise beans the last few weeks are probably shaking their heads in annoyance or smiling quietly at my obsession.  I have no idea what changed my taste buds, but I do know that it began with Hunter ordering bean burritos so much that I got envious and thought there must be something good in there.... And then my wonderful sister in law, Mandi let me babysit her kids and gave them beans for dinner.  I was a bad babysitter that day because I ate all the kid's food. 
Then after that I was hooked- I was more than hooked, I was craving beans all the time.   And now that I can talk to people about this wonderful food, I feel that I've entered a special club that I didn't even know existed before. People are great at sharing with me their favorite beans- and places to get beans and most everyone has been happy to hear that I have converted.  I've felt just so welcome into the bean family.

My girl, Kristen, was nice enough to text me and tell me that today is National Bean Day!  Woooo Hooo!  I think Hunter and I will celebrate by going out to eat chili relleno and refried beans.  

  And it's Friday.  And it's Holly's birthday.  So celebrate that.

And while I was google-ing to find a bean joke I found this:  (which has nothing to do with beans but is cute.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT6vDPAg8nk&feature=player_embedded



No comments:

Post a Comment