Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Thankful :: Family

The first "core memory" I've identified is family.

My life is my people.  My family! They are my people.  Hunter and Henry consume most of my thoughts and efforts each and every day.  I pray every day in thanks for my sweet Hunter.  I am grateful that my journey to him showed me how unique and special he is.  Hunter truly is so patient and self-less!  I am grateful for our marriage.  I am grateful for our covenants to each other and the Lord.


I am grateful that our happiness and well-being began with our parents.  Hunter and I are blessed with amazing, righteous, loving parents.  Who themselves made covenants as we did that bind our families forever.  Our parents still nurture and care for us.  They love us and Henry.  I am grateful for the shining examples and supportive friends our parents are to us.




I have such gratitude for our siblings, their spouses and children.  Todd, my only sibling, has taught me so much in life and I am grateful to be his sister.  All of Hunter's siblings and their families are such treasures to me.  I am grateful that I can be numbered among these strong families.



My heart is especially full of gratitude for extended family, grandparents, great-grandparents, cousins, and aunties.  My sweet Auntie Toni will leave this world this week.  She has known me my whole life.  She has shown such love for me and my family.  I will miss her.  I am grateful for her.



And of course, Henry.  I think this whole blog has turned into Henry-Appreciation.  But really, my gratitude for him makes me explode.  Waiting for him has made it deeper and stronger still.  I love him. And I am grateful for Henry.




Family is really where it all should start and end.

I am thankful for my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment