Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Henry Lately

I just have to write about a few things Henry has been up to!

Henry loves watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and has learned that the TV remote is what turns it on.  When the remote is lying around, Henry will grab it and push on it (buttons or not) with all his might.  ALL HIS MIGHT.  His face gets hard and intense and his mouth clenches and his forehead gets red.  He just wants to put that TV on and he thinks if he pushes harder it will happen!  Hunter and I just giggle at him.

Henry has started to protest being put in his carseat.  He squeals and turns and flares his body.  Sometimes I just have to take him out for a second and then re-start.

Henry is dancing!  Any music or even a book that rhymes with a beat- Henry will be bouncing.  If I sing him a song, he dances.  If I put on music anywhere, he looks at me with this like- "oh no you didn't!" smile and starts moving his body.  He bounces on his knees or leads with his belly and jives.  The best is when his shoulders get in the action and he has the perfect shimmy.

Just now as I typed this- the intermission came on for Chitty chitty Bang bang and Henry was bouncing so hard that he fell over backwards! haha!


Henry has also been kind of cranky.  After his first birthday he just was difficult!  It's got better.  I still think he's having teeth or maybe his growth spurts are right on.  He also had three naps yesterday!  That hasn't happened for months and months!  He's at a solid two naps right now.

He learned how to clap yesterday.  Literally yesterday.  Hunter and I were singing and clapping a ton with him.  Then last night I took him to the GHS choir concert where he- of course danced to all the music in my lap- but also realized the audience was clapping in between songs and I think his face said "Oh I know what their doing!" And he joined along with their clapping.

He also loves to observe children and other babies.  At the choir concert he couldn't keep his eyes off the children around us.

Henry definitely wants to talk.  I can tell he's frustrated that he cannot tell me what he needs or wants.

He is eating so much better.   He loves spelt bread, cheese, cottage cheese, spiral noodles, his fruit pouches, and drinking out of my QT cup.

Just today he started holding up his arm and hand and opening and closing his hand towards me to say "come here, mom".

Oh and Henry is sucking his thumb almost non-stop now.  It's never ever been this bad and I am reminding him all the time to take it out.  And I honestly have been praying about how to teach him to obey me and keep that thumb out!  I think the thumb is related to his crankyness and possible teething.








No comments:

Post a Comment