Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Natalie Lately

So- my life since having Henry has not changed too much- I mean obviously there's a baby here now.  But I like to think of it as my life has been ADDED upon.   Not my life has changed.  I'm still me.

My days right now:

Hunter still goes into work at 11am.  It is pretty nice having him here in the mornings.  He gets up earlier than me naturally so he will grab a bottle for Henry and hang out with him for a little longer so I can doze and wake up nice and slow.

We are all up together around 8:30 or 9:00 (Henry doesn't get up till about 8am).  We have a green smoothie and I am usually cranky.  Just because it's morning.  Especially Mondays, I feel overwhelmed sometimes when I think about all the things I want/ have to do.  But honestly, I have to relax because I DO have time for it all.

I am working so hard on getting my scriptures and prayers done as early as possible.  They usually happen when Hunter leaves at 10:30 and Henry goes down for a nap.  This first nap is my busiest time.  I do dishes, laundry, read scriptures, pray, blog, shop online, pick up the house, make any calls I need to plan my day or week, then I shower and get all ready.

Henry wakes up and we have lunch.  And snuggle and read books and play.

Then we go do stuff outside of our house.  Some days we stay in and I love those days.  But if I have too many, then I feel lazy.

We do all the errands, hang out with family and friends, and play!  I like taking Henry out to do stuff.  He is an easy travel companion.  The hardest is when he mangels his way out of the shopping cart and I look over and he's standing on the seat!

About 4pm Henry is ready for another nap.   We head home.

He sleeps, I have a little down time.  Then I make dinner while he's sleeping if I'm smart that day.

Dinner is the worst part of my day.  I love cooking.  And I can't figure out why I'm having this aversion to dinner lately.  But it is so much easier to do when Henry is sleeping.

When he wakes up again there is a good two hours till Hunter gets home at 8pm.  The days that I don't have appointments this is a LONG TWO HOURS.  The whole day is fine for me, but really, dads should be home by 6pm.  We're working on that.

But at least once a week we have something in the evening.  This week we went to a missionary opening his call, the choir concert and to visit Carli's new house.  I have lots of meetings in the evening for my calling too.  Henry just comes along.

After Hunter gets home and eats we put Henry to bed.  I either hang with Hunter and we talk and watch TV or I go walking with some friends in my ward.

Then around 11:30pm I start my routine before bed.  And we are usually turning of the lights at 12:20 every night.  Really 12:20 is the usual.

I love my life and our little schedule.   I dream about moving and having a bigger garage, kitchen and a pool.  I love our house so much.  And really I DON'T want to move because keeping up with our house is a big job anyways.  But houses are on my mind probably since Hunter has his real estate license and is seeing houses all the time.

I want to travel all the time.  Right now I want to go to Virginia, DC and always NYC again.
And Utah.  I really really want to go to Utah.

And Hawaii.


No comments:

Post a Comment