Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanks for giving

Isn't thanksgiving just nice? We had an AMAZING weekend full of family, turkey, pies, visiting friends, dishes, sleeping, black Friday shopping, cleaning, decorating, movies, smiling for photos, holding new babies, playing football, running, more movies and turkey.
Turkey is really my favorite food of thanksgiving. I'm a real meat-eater and I just can't get enough turkey and gravy on my plate... In fact hunter was sent back at thanksgiving feast #1 to get me an entire plate of pit-smoked turkey with luscious gravy.
Mandi and Clint (hunter's sister and husband) hosted the fam bam Wednesday night for pie making. Their neighbors and our good friends Ty and Matt's parents the Hansons always have a huge fire pit in the yard and invite all to come throw their turkey or ham in the 'oven'. It made a delicious bird for the next day.
Pie making is an annual event most anticipated by the garners as they are serious pie makers... All scratch. Really everything is made from the bare ingredients. It's a busy, aromatic night.

The following morning hunter and I got up to find that our birdie was still slightly frozen... After my silent swearing and frustration, I chilled out and went along my turkey prep as usual and after a little less than an hour of skinning and seasoning the bird was set to go. Thank goodness! Total thanksgiving day nightmare no. 29 "frozen turkey".
Hunter then joined the ward machos for some morning football in our neighborhood park, while I venture out for a brisk walk/run. I called my mother an her sisters and my good friend Harmoni. After 1.5 hours of conversations an 2.5 miles of distance, I headed home to shower and get reay for Wheeler-palooza.
Hunter's mother is one of fifteen children and many of those children's children have babies of their own so it's quite a production when the Wheelers gather....but the food is out of this world! So so good and so so much! In the picturs below make sure to notice the fancy candy turkeys that aunt Julie made this year... So cute! Shelly my sis in law is modeling them for us.
June, Reagan, Maesyn, and jake pose for the camera too.
Notice the pies and my awesome mother in law, sisters in law, and cousin in law.
Afterwards we had another fabulous dinner at my parents house which was opposite of the wheelers, there were 5 of us. Hunter and I really have the best of both worlds with our families. My mom did the best job with all the sides and hunter and I brought the turkey and stuffing. E
We then enjoyed a relaxing movie and it was off to the garners to prep for black Friday... My favorite day of the year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment