Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ode to the Internet

Today I am thankful for the internet and all my favorite websites. 

Holy cow- I am truly truly super grateful that I live in a time where the internet and all it's conveniences and information and entertainment is thriving. 

My life is ENRICHED by the overflow of information.  There are many critics who attack the internet, specifically information sites, search engines and whoa boy- social media. 

I say- I love it. 


Recently- I'm addicted to the Frank Sinatra station on Pandora:
It's the perfect pre-Christmas, calming, Fall, homey, classic radio station.


Years ago we couldn't choose our radio stations- or for that matter choose WHICH radio service to use (spotify, grooveshark, pandora, last.fm, yahoo radio etc.)
It's like a dream.  Literally- I dreamed about stuff like this when I was younger. 



There are tons of sites I could "ode" to, but the only other really worth mentioning is GOOGLE

This site really is like magic- plus all their supplemental programs and services- I mean WOW.  

My students think I'm nuts when I tell them that Google didn't come out until I was in high school and even then we weren't sure what to do with it. 

Seriously- I feel a whole post coming about Google.... so - for today I'll just leave you with their festive font for the election on my google app.  



I LOVE GOOGLE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment