Monday, June 20, 2011

Bernardo

Oh my Dad is just the best.  I can't figure out if he takes care of me more now or when I was five.  Things I love about my Dad:
- his heritage!  Everyone who meets Bernardo instantly knows he's from somewhere else.  His rich accent adds to his happy character and his love of music, fruit and the tropics.   There are countless stories that begin "when I was in Colombia...."

-his smile!  Dad has the greatest laugh and his ever famous mustache adds to each smile and laugh that comes from him.   He should also have his own joke book.  He's always good for a new joke that makes you smile.  And the best is tickling him.   You don't even have to touch him, just get your pointers out and near his ribs and he's going crazy!

-his work ethic.  My Dad works so hard.  He always has.  He is constantly innovative and motivated.  When I grew up I knew my Dad could fix ANYTHING.  And he really really can.

-he's a teacher.  Dad loves to help people, especially his family with life.  Anytime we have a chat he is ready to give advice or to teach me something.

-He's willing to do anything for me or Todd or mom or now Hunter.  He supports me in all I do- even in coming to choir concert after choir concert after choir concert!

-his love for family and the Gospel.  He always says (yes, always) "The two most important things in my life are my family and the Gospel."  And I know that I am his favorite daughter and Todd is his favorite son.

Thanks for always being there for me and loving our family so much!  I love you, Dad!  Happy Father's Day.



'

And his favorite color is apparently white...

1 comment:

  1. All those pictures of your dad made me smile. He's so sweet. I love how much you love him.

    ReplyDelete