Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lifted Lexus


Yesterday my mom and I went out to buys some drapes.  After we bought them and some sunglasses, we were headed to Chandler Mall.  On our way my '92 Lexus decided it didn't want to go anymore.  Luckily we were able to pull over into a shopping center's parking lot so we could get into the air conditioned stores.  My Dad, the car guy, came to rescue us.  We took a ride around Mesa to two different mechanics to get the car looked at.  It even had a fun ride on this thing:


A day later, and a few hundred bucks later, the car was all finished.... almost.
As Hunter got home with the car he noticed some steam coming out from under the hood.  Being the manly man he is, he turned off the car and opened the hood to see liquid all over the engine.  Hunter took matters into his own hands and started taking parts of the car apart and realized the radiator was decaying and deteriorating.  What?!  The first thing I thought was... those dirty mechanics.... But Hunter assured me that this issue was not created by the shop guys, but was simply an old radiator in an old car. He took the radiator out, went with Bernardo around town finding the right radiator.  After only an hour they came home with a new one.  Hunter is putting it in tomorrow.  
Despite all the issues my car may seem to have it really has beaten the odds to live this long. It's a great car with a great engine.  The AC beats any other car I've been in and the stereo still rocks.   
Thank you Dad, and my Hunter for keeping me rollin'.   

No comments:

Post a Comment