Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reading on the Grass

When I woke up last Monday morning for my first day of Summer vacation I brushed my teeth and was looking in the mirror...  Something was wrong.  My face glowed pasty white from the lights in the bathroom.  I went into the bedroom and looked in that mirror, no better.  It was the result of 180 days in two window-less classrooms.   
Today as Hunter worked a long shift, I woke up, had my oatmeal and put my swimsuit on.  Mom and Dad's pool was still cold at first, but then it was blissful.  After cooling off from the swim, I read Stargirl on a sheet-towel in the grass for two hours.  For the first time in my life I used baby oil to speed up the process and I must say I'm a fan.  I don't burn too easily, but I don't get color too much either.  The baby oil was just right!  
I feel super vain and ridiculous blogging about this, but the point is, that my Summers are so relaxed that laying out feels productive.  :-)  I love being a teacher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment