Monday, July 16, 2012

Children

This Summer I've been super happy that I've been able to spend time with children!  I love kids and will happily tend them for friends and family when they need it.  Earlier this Summer I watched Stephanie's girls, remember?  I learned a ton had a great time with them. 

A couple weeks ago, Hunter and I watched his nieces and nephew for three nights- ages 8, 5 and 3. Again, it was very educational.  This time the kids were older and we had them all day and all night.  Here are some things I learned:

- whenever you go anywhere, all of a sudden you have a car full of tote bags carrying all sorts of stuff.
- your dishes and laundry quadruple
- everywhere you go someone has to go to the bathroom
- car seats are a huge pain
- babysitters are expensive (yes we got a babysitter, don't judge)
- somehow crayons get in your purse
- a large QT or Harkins cup is now a bathtub staple item
- Disney movies are not as enjoyable when you have no choice
- kitchen chairs get moved around the entire house to reach high things
- kids can find candy ANYWHERE and they eat it
- swimming gives kids stomach aches
- boredom initiates creativity


I'm sure there's more and I might come back and edit in some more insights if I remember them.  

But the best part is that I felt like I needed to be on my best behavior with the kids around.  I made sure I was positive, happy and a good listening ear.  Because children are very observant and they need attention, acknowledgment and love from adults.   

Can't wait to learn more from my own babies someday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment