Monday, January 5, 2015

//2014 Goal Report//

These were my goals for last year (2014).  I am going to report on them in all caps.


Personal

-Keep a personal journal and write twice a week  DEFINITELY WROTE MORE, BUT NOT TWICE A WEEK.  BUT HAS BEEN THE BEST JOURNAL IVE KEPT SINCE BEING MARRIED.
-Say less and listen more ITS HARD TO MEASURE THIS ONE- BUT I FEEL LIKE I KEPT QUIET IN A LOT OF SITUATIONS WHERE I WANTED TO SAY OR COMPLAIN MORE.
-Learn two new songs on the piano YES! GILBERT YOUTH CHOIR HELPED ME DO THIS
-Lose 20 pounds NOPE. BUT I DIDN'T GAIN ANY WEIGHT UNTIL I GOT PREGNANT. I THINK THAT'S A VICTORY!
-Read The Holy Temple, 1776 and an Anatomy book I READ OUT OF ALL THREE OF THESE BOOKS BUT DIDN'T FINISH ANY OF THEM.


Routine

-Be in bed by midnight and up by 8am HA. NO.
-Be 10 minutes early YES- I WAS ON TIME FOR ALL MY CHURCH MEETINGS.

Spiritual

-Go to the Temple once a week MOST WEEKS YES!  MISSED A FEW HERE OR THERE. BUT I WENT ON MY OWN WITHOUT HUNTER MORE THIS YEAR.
-Give out a Book of Mormon NO.  I NEED TO KEEP WORKING ON THIS.
-Be inconvenienced to serve YES. YES!
-Pray, pray, pray YES.

Create

-Memory board for our bedroom  NO.  NOT SURE IF I STILL WANT TO DO THIS.
-Holiday board for hallway NO. BUT IT'S ON THE LIST BEFORE BABY COMES!
-Paint neutral walls white in house YES!
-Take more more more pictures YES!


Work

-Maintain a current AZ teaching license YES!
-Get five more piano students YES!

With Hunter

-Up keep a garden  YES!
-Save money YES! MORE THAN WE EVER HAVE.
-Take at least two airplane trips YES- DC AND NYC
-Make a baby HOLY COW YES!!!!  THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST ACCOMPLISHMENT OF 2014.

Word of the Year:  PRAY
I  LOVE TO PRAY.




So in summary- I feel good about this year.  I realize that I set a lot of goals.  Maybe too many.  But some years you just want to go for it!  I reached or semi-reached at least 50% of the goals I set.  It really helped to have these laminated and in a place where I saw them every day.  This was definitely the best year I've had about remembering my goals ALL YEAR and working on them throughout the whole year.  I love that all the goals I set with Hunter were met.  This year we set some more together and I hope that will help us reach them again!

I also feel really good that I journaled a lot more.  I felt like this helped my faith and helped us get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment