Saturday, January 31, 2015

Being Obedient

Yesterday my visiting teacher came and shared the month's message with me- Christ is our example of how to be obedient.  He was obedient to the Father.  In all the things.  In all ways.  To know Christ was to know the Father.

She also said that in her life (she is much my senior) that when life has been chaotic or crumbling, she looked for ways- even small ways- to be more obedient.  Especially in areas that would relate to her specific issues at the time.  Every time her vision cleared and her spirit calmed.

Good idea.  As I'm growing older my mind wants to worry more than have faith at times. I've learned that when I am consistent in scripture reading (particularly the Book of Mormon)- I don't worry! Like not at all!  But when a few days slack- I can feel the stress coming on to my brain.

I can receive this certain blessing when I am specifically obedient.

Doctrine and Covenants 130: 20-21:

 20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
 21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment