Friday, January 9, 2015

House Changes for 2015!


Every New Year our house gets some changes. I love decorating/ furniture placement changes. 
Because baby is on his way! We are having the New Year's changes of all changes around here! 

First of all- our Christmas present to us was a new computer!  So we utilized our kitchen desk space WAAAAYYYY better to have our new computer in the center of the house.  We had to clean up this space (Usually a pile of papers, junk and my purse) and created this perfect workspace!  We hung the little corkboard/ white board combo on the wall and got a new chair!  I LOVE IT. 


Because this space became our office- we really no longer needed an entire bedroom dedicated to desks and printers and honestly just more junk.  

We sold Hunter's IKEA desk (that he got for free years ago!), some old wall shelves, a printer, five corkboards (I have an obsession?), the old bulky desk chair, two boxes of books, some random speakers and decorative glass bottles that I can't believe I still had. 

The old guest bedroom is being slowly worked into a baby nursery and we were planning on getting rid of the bed.  But when we realized we no longer need an office room- we put together this guestroom/ small office desk area/ my favorite room right now. 



The curtains have been there for years- and I love how they totally draw together the orange, green and red.  Orange and red probably shouldn't be together- but really it works because of the curtains.  


Also- the five best men grace the wall:


The red desk now holds all essential office items that were strewn around the room on too much furniture before.  Laptop, printer, shredder.  And I must say that we hauled over the bedroom's closet to hold all my craft stuff (actually don't have much), sewing machine, other office supplies, all our files and junk.  






I am now looking  for a simple headboard and a lamp base to complete the shade that is sitting on the end table.   And probably some more big pillows. 



No comments:

Post a Comment