Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Laundry Closet Project!

We love love love our house.  And we love improving any areas we can!  As baby is on his way- we needed some more space in the laundry closet.  We only have a hallway laundry "room"  but honestly I love it.  It stays clean and organized because it's small!  And it is right by our bedroom and feet away from our closet.  I know someday I will probably have a larger more spacious laundry- but really.  This one is so super convenient and I know I will always miss some of its aspects as we move on in life.

Anyways.  Hunter-the-man-who-can-do-anything, tackled the closet this past Saturday.  We started with this:

The previous owners had ripped out all the wood shelving and put in this wirey mess.  (In all the closets and garage in our house by the way.  Not cool.)  I also always have that black basket on top of the machines which is annoying.  There is not more room for extra baskets, crate or laundry detergent.  The iron is homeless.  And I would like to put a ton of food storage up high where I don't need to access it every day. 

So Hunter and I pulled everything out.  And he measured, cut and installed three beautiful shelves! 


As we put in the top one- we realized we had enough wood to do a "U" shaped shelf on top for extra  storage.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  


Hunter wearing his "project hat". 


He's so cute.  


Caulking away!  Hunter always likes to do projects the right way and without leaving any steps out.  I appreciate that so much.  


Fresh paint! I debated over a new fun color.... but in the end just some fresh white will be the best in this room.  Especially if we decide to sell or rent out in the next few years. 


And voila!  Magical.  It should also be noted that Hunter-the-Great washed the floors and walls before and after his project!  That was one of my favorite parts!  That floor was GROSS. 

I opted out for cabinets because really- when I hang clothes to dry it is difficult to open cabinets for every little thing.  And because the space is so small, wide open shelves made the most sense.  The whole thing gets closed tightly behind those accordion doors too.  So we're good.  


A black basket for dirty towels and one for dirty baby clothes.  (!!!!) 
A place for the iron.  :-) It's the small things. 
Green crate for clean rags, purple crate for dirty rags, another green crate with cleaning gloves and products. A bucket for everything.  And some of my favorite detergent- Arm and Hammer!  (Laundry is always fresh.  Never ever ever EVER a mildew smell!)   


We will put in the hanging rod tonight.  I'll update then.  And now I need to FILL my jars (do some canning) so I can put them up on the tippity top shelf.  



ISN'T IT SO GREAT?! 



1 comment:

  1. It looks AMAZING! Bravo y'all!! My Mom always put stuff on her top shelf like that and it was amazing for her canning.

    ReplyDelete