Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Goals

{2015 Goals}


This year the list of goals has been cut by more than half from last year.  I really want to make 100% of them by the end of the year.  So I got a little more realistic.  Really, if I could learn more and exercise more I would feel good about this year. 

I'm going to elaborate on HOW these goals will be met this year.  

Health: 
Walk 30 min a day- This one I simply just have to do.  I am not so great with concrete schedules- but when I have a daily "task list" that I have to get done before bed it seems to work out.  This will be on every day's task list.  Right now it's gorgeous outside and walking is easy.  We also have a gym membership for not so beautiful days.  After the baby comes I look forward to walking and pushing a stroller.  This has been a dream of mine for years.  I'm serious. 

Stop the sugar - Hunter and I are treat/ dessert free for January.  We are hoping to continue until the baby comes.  It helps so much with weight loss and cravings for all foods.  I also tend to have high sugar so this will help prevent gestational diabetes.  I eat nuts and fruit for dessert.  Or have trail mix or a glass of milk.  

Learn:
Read 20 min a day- Fiction.  Non-fiction.  Just set a timer on my phone and read.  This is separate from scripture reading. 
Basic graphic software (including iMovie) - Learn from online sources such as youtube and from talented friends and family.  Make/ create at least one card for the year.  (Maybe baby's birth announcement.) Also create word art for baby's room.  Edit video from our vacations last year.   

Spiritual: 
Take one name to the temple- with our new Christmas computer (it's a dream) we can multi-task so much easier and faster.  I will sign up with familysearch.org and ancestry.com.  As I pray and work I will find at least one sister to do work for in the temple.  
Journal/ blog each week - This can be either/ or.  I am going to start typing out journal entries, printing them and storing in three ring binders.  I type so much faster than writing.  When baby comes- I will print two copies of the entries that I want to include in baby's journal.  One for my binder and one for baby. I will have a separate three ring binder for each child through out my life.  Every entry will be in my journal binder- and then any I want to give to my children will be in each of theirs.  I will also save them on all the computer- obviously.  
And blogging once a week is really not that difficult. I can do it. 
Read the Book of Mormon before baby is born - I calculated that I need to read at least two chapters a day.  Not bad. I'm already ahead of schedule!  

With Hunter:
Pay off credit card- CC debt skyrocketed with in vitro this year.  We gotta pay for this baby! When we budget correctly we have a great sum left over that can slash debt each month.  It's all about spending less, eating at home more and just throwing bucks on the card.  
Meet our neighbors - It's just time.  We're going to knock on their door with a treat and say hi.  
Have more people in our house - We love our home.  We love people.  We are going to combine that more this year.  More people over for dinner, more game nights, more family dinners at our house.  Just come over, kids.  

Word of the Year: 

Patience - Oh I need this the most.  And since I will be a new mother this year- I thought this is a good year to really focus on patience.  Before baby and when baby comes.  I can only succeed on this goal (well all of them) with the help of my Savior and the Atonement.  So last year's word PRAY will continue through this year as I PRAY FOR PATIENCE each and every day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment