Friday, January 16, 2015

This little week in January

Our kitchen went from this: 


to this:



Don't worry.  We're not done.

Just time for a change.  I have a little ache when we get rid of things we've had for a while.  The black table and chairs Hunter fixed up and painted for us before we got married.  I will always love the set.  I am glad our good friends will use it now!  I can still have visiting hours.  

This darling table we have now actually matches the china cabinet that sits in our front room.  Someday I will have a dining room and they can be together forever.  The set is my great grandmothers. I love it.  Sadly- my parents tossed the totally beat up chairs years ago.  But kept the table for me.  

So we are in the market for some dining chairs.  


We took our annual trip up to Scottsdale (20 minutes) to the Barrett-Jackson car show.  It's a great day with my dad and Hunter.  This yellow car here is my dad's new dream car.  
(The look on his face when he saw it there!- priceless) 
The blue one below it is an original Shelby Cobra.  Dad has built two of these replicas in his life and still has one sitting in his garage.  But that blue "Super Snake" will probably sell for a few millions this weekend at the car auction.  (Dad's is not worth millions.) 





 And then an instagram repost... with a little more words....


This week has been full of baby prep.  EVERYTHING from accepting wonderful hand me down cribs, play-yards, jumpers, furniture, clothing, and advice
to
 planning this nursery.  I just wish I could decorate five nurseries because I have so many ideas!  But balancing the furniture we already have and the money we don't have- I think I have come up with a pretty nice plan.  It has changed seven times this week tho.  Hunter is so patient.  
to
 prepping for baby shower registries.  Figuring out what we need and want.  
also
Had a doctor's appointment.  Got some instructions.  Have to do that glucose test in a few weeks.  Bleh.  I've done them before.  And I never pass.  Yikes.  Pray for me. 
and lastly
I'm reading Babywise.  I love it.  I've had quite a few recommendations-plus it seems to be a plan that rings true in my mind.  

But it's all about schedules.  Even if they are loose schedules.  They are schedules.  And I am SO BAD at being the boss of my own schedule.  I am productive but not CONSISTENT.  
During my walk last night (finally addressing the above photo)- and some scripture study afterwards.... I realized the BEST way for me to prepare for this sweet baby boy is for me to grow up and get on some type of schedule!  Mostly it's a consistent sleeping schedule.  I am so good at sleeping.  Lots of hours at night and lots of long naps.  I need to get control!  
I am not 19 anymore.  

So today was my first day.  8 full hours of sleep between midnight and 8am.  And no naps.  None.  I don't have control of my naps.  So none.  I've lost the privilege. 

Baby will throw off my schedule I KNOW- but I also know that as I fixate my body on the appropriate amount of sleep each night and try hard we will be blessed.  


Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment